Monday, April 25, 2011

A Green Skimmer Dragonfly (Orthetrum sabina) Eating Another Dragonfly

dragonfly eating dragonfly _foto capung badak makan capung
I finally managed to get pictures of a green skimmer dragonfly (Orthetrum sabina) which was eating another dragonfly some time ago. I've seen this kind of behavior several times before in the backyard. I noticed that the dragonfly captured the prey elsewhere and flew into the backyard just to stop by and eat it. I do not know whether this behavior is common among dragonflies.

In Indonesia, especially in my place, this dragonfly known as Capung Badak.

dragonfly eating dragonfly _foto capung badak makan capung 2
dragonfly eating dragonfly _foto capung badak makan capung 3
dragonfly eating dragonfly _foto capung badak makan capung 4
dragonfly eating dragonfly _foto capung badak makan capung 5
Photos of A Green Skimmer Dragonfly (Orthetrum sabina)  Eating Another Dragonfly were taken using a camera phone Sony Ericsson K800i in Jonggol, West Java, Indonesia.

Recent Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

2 comments:

Jason Ralls said...

Cool photos. Thanks for the link, I've added your blog to my blogroll.

http://knowledgeiswonderful.blogspot.com/

daisugi said...

Thanks Jason

Post a Comment